Sunday, October 24, 2010

APPOINTMENT TO OHIO MUNICIPAL LEAGUE BOTH AN HONOR AND RESPONSIBILITY

It was with much honor and humility that I recently accepted an appointment to the Board of Trustees of the Ohio Municipal League .

The Ohio Municipal League is a non-profit organization, established in 1952, to provide state assistance to municipal, village and city governments across Ohio.

When an Ohio municipality becomes an active League member, as New Boston now is, the village is eligible for all available services from the League. Among those on the board of trustees are mayors of various cities and villages, councilmen, village administrators, law representatives and city managers.

The Ohio Municipal League is divided into districts. Scioto County is in District 11, with Pickaway, Ross, Hocking, Vinton, Pike, Jackson and Lawrence counties.

Again, I want to thank all in the village who supported me since my election to Village Council. I have always tried to give one hundred percent to my responsibilities as a councilman and I can promise everyone I will give the same effort in this position.

Mike Payton
10-24-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment